Kingsclere Racing Club
KRC is designed to give members maximum involvement and enjoyment of racing with only a limited financial input.
The way we are able to offer this is by joining forces with Kingsclere Stud and leasing between 12-17 horses for each racing season. Therefore, we are cutting out the ever escalating cost of purchasing unproven bloodstock.
This club will be exclusive, with only 25 members at any one time. (There will actually be 50 shares however Kingsclere Stud will retain 25 of these). The aim is to provide every member with the complete experience of racehorse ownership; from tranquil mornings on the gallops, to the hive of activity at the racecourse. On top of this, KRC will offer social activity throughout the season and give our members the chance to mix with other like minded racing enthusiasts.
Clare Balding is the President of the Kingsclere Racing Club. Despite her busy schedule, Clare has been instrumental in the development of this club and enjoys spending mornings on the Gallops and days at the races, supporting the KRC horses, as well as attending the many of the Club Social events, whenever she can.
The cost of membership will be £5,500 for a 12 month period, this will include all training fees, racing expenses and entertainment costs.
Any prize money won by the KRC horses within this period will be divided amongst the members.
There is also an opportunity for members to buy a Guest Membership for a partner or friend for an additional £1,000. This will entitle their guest to join in any social events, racedays or visits to Kingsclere.
The Stud has been steadily churning out winners over the last 30 years and it has produced high profile winners. These include, Dashing Blue, Group 1 placed and the winner of 7 races, Hidden Meadow, the winner of 5 races including a Group 3 and at listed level, Kingsclere, listed winner of 7 races, Scorned, the winner of 5 races including a listed race on the flat and the pretigious Imperial Cup over hurdles, Passing Glance winner of 7 races, including 2 Group races, Border Music, the listed winner of 8 races and more recently Side Glance, the winner of a Group 3 and a dual listed race winner.
In recent weeks Tweedledum has also delighted her new connections (and might be seen at Cheltenham) by winning a listed novice hurdle.
Kingsclere Stud is currently run by Emma and Ian Balding, it is a 200 acre property located adjacent to Park House Stables. The future of KRC is currently on the ground in the form of foals and yearlings bred at the stud and visits view the young stock will be arranged throughout the year.
What we are Offering the Club Members
- An opportunity to become part of a small and select racing club that will lease 12-17 horses running for them year on year, all trained at Park House Stables by Andrew Balding
- To provide an insight into Kingsclere Training Stables and the actual training of the horses
- A social club to meet other like minded people, organising social events throughout the year giving all members the opportunity to learn and laugh
- Organise days at the races, gallop mornings at Kingsclere, giving regular updates on the horses and their progress
- Once the Member is paid up, there will be no request for any further sums throughout the year regarding the horses. The initial fee will include all training fees, vets fees, gallop fees, race entries, jockey fees, transport fees to races, club registration and colours.
- There will be two trips per year to Kingsclere Stud where the future of the KRC can be seen
Please click here for a full list of horses in training.